The safety of our students and their families is of paramount importance to the school and P&C.
We trust that all families will support the Kiss and Drop process outlined below.
All parents and carers who collect their children from the Kiss and Drop zone on Apollo Avenue will be required to place a family name card in their front windscreen (passenger side).
This will allow WPPS staff to identify the carer/parent of a child/ren and can instruct them to move to the curbside at the right time, when their car is approaching.
The name card is an A4 yellow sign with your surname on it. Spare name cards are available at the office.
Transport for NSW recommends these safety tips for drivers and students.
We ask that you read and familiarise yourself with these safety tips if you utilise the Kiss and Drop zone:
Safety tips for Drivers:
• Always drop off or pick up your child from the designated zone and follow the school’s procedures.
• Drivers should remain in their vehicles at all times in the Kiss and Drop zone.
• Make sure children use the Safety Door (the rear footpath side door) to get in and out of the car.
• Make sure the handbrake is applied when the vehicle is stationary.
• Always park legally.
• Avoid unnecessary dangerous manoeuvers such as U-turns and three-point turns.
Safety tips for Students:
• Always get in and out of the vehicle through the Safety Door, the rear footpath side door.
• Stay buckled up until the vehicle has stopped in the Drop-off and pick-up area.
• Make sure your school bag and other items are in a safe position, such as on the floor.
• Be ready to get out of the vehicle with your belongings when the car has stopped and you have unbuckled your seat belt.